• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help chose memory for OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nissmo300

Help choose memory for OC

I am building a comp for a friend and I am either getting a 2.8C or 3.0C and I want to get 512MB of memory. I want to OC it around 3.4-3.6. What kind of memory do you recommend.

Last edited:
i would get the ballistix or the ocz eb pc3700 .the samsung tccd used on all the new 2;2;2;5 stuff weill run real good low latency to about 220 and real hi 1-1 with hi timings (280+). but its not as good as those 2 at the mid speeds 240-250 with tight timings and thats what ur gonna need...

Well you can always get PC4200 or higher. That will allow for a very high FSB. Besides P4 really dont care about timings.

He will NEVER play games (just internet, chat, music, etc). All I need is 512MBs. Now I don't know if I need to get 1 stick of 512 or 2 sticks of 256. The processor will be a 3.0 and I want the memory that will allow me an OC of at least 3.4

Samsung TCCD's will run 2.5-3-3-7 at 250FSB - well mine is.. You might go for a 512MB kit of the low latency PQI stuff.. At least you would have very flexible memory.

Back