• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A different pqi question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

edwardaune

Im in the process of ocing and things are going pretty well, but I adjusted my latencies to 11-2-2-2 and my fsb is at 187*12.5=2337. Well I ran prime before I went to work today and it must have failed right before I got home, but it had been running for 10 hours but obviously its not completely stable. I dont know what to do at this point. My vdimm is maxxed out and my vcore is at 1.75. Should I loosen the timings to 11-3-3-2? Any help guys?

Just out of curiosity on my part, maybe try 2.5 3-3-8 because I seemed to have had the most luck with that setting and a few others seemed to have good luck with 2.5 3-3-11. Then again it could have had something to do with the BIOS also which I have no clue if so. Of course your mobo and cpu is different than mine too

Its funny you mention that, before I changed it to 11-2-2-2 I had it at 8-4-4-2.5 which is as you and I know(from previous thread) is my stock speed (even though is advertised 6-3-3-2.5. Dunno, Ill give it a spin whats the worse that could happen. My temps are still pretty low so I still have a lot of ocing to do and I dont need it to get unstable at such a low fsb. Well its not that low being I have a locked multi. I give it a try and let you know.

edwardaune said:
Its funny you mention that, before I changed it to 11-2-2-2 I had it at 8-4-4-2.5 which is as you and I know(from previous thread) is my stock speed (even though is advertised 6-3-3-2.5. Dunno, Ill give it a spin whats the worse that could happen. My temps are still pretty low so I still have a lot of ocing to do and I dont need it to get unstable at such a low fsb. Well its not that low being I have a locked multi. I give it a try and let you know.

I have a locked 3000+ on another rig that I can't get stable past 182, no matter what I do, so you're doing better than me. I sometimes run ch-6 (Corsair PC3200) at 2-2-2-11 in it and it is stable as a rock, but even relaxing the timings does nothing so I am convinced that it is the cpu. Those locked Bartons are a pain.

Reefa_Madness said:
I have a locked 3000+ on another rig that I can't get stable past 182, no matter what I do, so you're doing better than me. I sometimes run ch-6 (Corsair PC3200) at 2-2-2-11 in it and it is stable as a rock, but even relaxing the timings does nothing so I am convinced that it is the cpu. Those locked Bartons are a pain.

Amen brother. I think Im maxxed out at 188*12.5=2350MHz which isnt too shabby at all, and being Im locked I guess thats even better. I was able to get my memory to 11-2-2-2 and remain stable. BTW, all of this was done after I maxxed out the vcore and the vdimm. I tried the advertised ram latencies of 6-3-3-2 and then compared primes results with 11-2-2-2 and 11 was the better of the two. I cant say that Im not happy with the results but I was really hoping to get way closer to 200 on the FSB, especially after getting the new ps and memory. Should have bought a mobile. Well, if you guys have any bright ideas to get some more speed out of this devil let me know. Just wanted to share.

have you tried to go to 1.8 on the vcore? I know all my cpus need to be around 1.8 to get to 2.4GHz.

its maxxed, and it frustrating, but maybe after being at the spped that it is right now I can convince it that it need to go higher. All I need to get to is 192. So close........yet.

your board maxes the vcore at 1.75? that's the problem... you need more juice to get to 2.4

Im sorry I didnt elaborate, I am at 1.8. Thats what I meant when I said I was maxxed out.

Back