• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about OCZ DDR Booster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KKAT

Okay, I already checked the OCZ page on which mobos are compat. although they have the nf7-s listed it is v2. My question is will it work with my v1.1??
Also will i lose a lot of performace by switching from dual ch to single ch, and what are safe voltages to run through CH-5?? Thanks a lot!!

Last edited:
I have used it on my NF7-s v1. works great, but again the VTT will not track properly over 3.2 volts I think.........

As for your ram voltages I am not knowing, but I dont think you will loose a lot in single channel........
The booster works in slot 1 (closest to the CPU) so it shouldnt effect DC operation.....

The Wicker Man said:
I have used it on my NF7-s v1. works great, but again the VTT will not track properly over 3.2 volts I think.........

As for your ram voltages I am not knowing, but I dont think you will loose a lot in single channel........
The booster works in slot 1 (closest to the CPU) so it shouldnt effect DC operation.....
Yea thats right. From what I hear the vtt mod is really simple to do. So long as you get that mod out of the way the booster really kicks ***.

BTW that doesnt look like CH5 if you are not running a CPC off BIOS. Also if you have the chance see my BIOS vault (link via sig)

The VTT mod kills a lot of NF7-S boards, I would just grab the booster, and be happy with 3.2V and below.

Either that, or just do the less expensive VDIMM voltage modification ;).

You don't want to be running higher than 3.2v on CH5 anyways. You seem to have a good sticks, and every now and then, they can take tight timings and high voltages.

Gautam said:
You don't want to be running higher than 3.2v on CH5 anyways. You seem to have a good sticks, and every now and then, they can take tight timings and high voltages.
Im no so sure he has CH5, unless he's on a CPC off BIOS. I think its possible he has BH

Thanks for all the input! Sorry, what is CPC? Are there any modded bioses available for v1.1, or will the ones for v2 work on mine? I thought the v2 had the crush chip, which mine doesn't have. I am definitely willing to try a new bios, and even if it screws up i have an extra one.

Thanks for all the input! Sorry, what is CPC?
its an option in your bios screen, turning it on increases performance, i.e. if your ram can handle it. Turning it off will let you achieve high FSB but less performance, you just have to see which one you like.

Back