• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hydor L30 or Mcp600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ImportPsycho

I have question about water pump
L30 pumps 320gph and MCP600 pumps 185gph
but on swifttech website it has a graph showing MCP600 with higher flow rate than L30.
Why is that? is there more than just GPH?

which is better pump, performance wise?

Last edited:
I have a Hydor L30 and I don't have a flow issue with my RBX. From what I have read there is not a 100% performance difference between single or dual rads. Its more like 15-20% if that. I was told to get a heatercore instead as it would perform better.

Good Luck!

is there more than just GPH?
Yes, definitely. It's all about the head height on pumps - basically how high up they can pump water. The more head height, the more pressure the pump can create; the more pressure, the better it'll perform in a restrictive watercooling system.

I believe the MCP600 does better in that department, but that's just off the top of my head.

if your system isnt restrictive enough to slow your flow down with a L30 then the extra head of a 600 will show either diminished returns or a loss in performance depending on style.

the whole idea is you want to balance your combo to get the maximum flow and a more restrictive system benifits more from more head than a less restrictive system .

but personaly i would get a 600 or 650 unless you have a Low restriction setup or a pelt setup

Back