• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Matrix MX-2 Kit + T adapter = water temp monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shigo_Naito

Registered
I was thinking i could use this
http://www.gruntville.com/reviews/video/orbital_mx2/index.php

and silicon seal the sensors in multipal T adapters to get water temps in different arreas of my setup.

Questions:
Would putting multipal t adapters with sensors in them cause any problems with my setup?

Is it even worth it to have more then one temp sensor in the water?

I will have 3 rad in my setup, 2 dual 120 heatercores and 1 120 heatercore. I was thinking to have one of the duals or the singal be on the MX-2 and if the water temp gets high have it start the fan up. Less noice when sleeping :thup:

Other than knowing what parts at whatever temps, I can't see why you'd want more than one sensor. Usually the water temp doesn't change all the much from the rad to after the cpu, at least compaired to the accuracy of most sensors. Also, the temps won't do you much good besides helping to diagnose a problem you have.

A good article here has a good table 2/3 the way down the page. If you look, it shows that adding a T to the system has the same impact as two 45 degree sweeping elbows (or 2/3 of a sweeping 90 degree). Although, based on what's in your system now, I don't think you can hurt the flow much more. You could get away with nearly no flow loss if you used enough silicon to effectively plug the T branch completely. One thing I'd like to note is that you should get 1-part silicone (moisture curing), not the normal 2-part silicone (acid curing), as the acid will eat away at the copper enough to compromise the seal. Polyurethane would also work, and its paintable.

HiProfile said:
Other than knowing what parts at whatever temps, I can't see why you'd want more than one sensor. Usually the water temp doesn't change all the much from the rad to after the cpu, at least compaired to the accuracy of most sensors. Also, the temps won't do you much good besides helping to diagnose a problem you have.

A good article here has a good table 2/3 the way down the page. If you look, it shows that adding a T to the system has the same impact as two 45 degree sweeping elbows (or 2/3 of a sweeping 90 degree). Although, based on what's in your system now, I don't think you can hurt the flow much more. You could get away with nearly no flow loss if you used enough silicon to effectively plug the T branch completely. One thing I'd like to note is that you should get 1-part silicone (moisture curing), not the normal 2-part silicone (acid curing), as the acid will eat away at the copper enough to compromise the seal. Polyurethane would also work, and its paintable.

Thanks for the info i have some aquirum silicone i think it is 1-part. I am hoping to get the sensor and silicone low so that the t wont be to big. I have a velosity(sp?) T1 pump so i think it will not be to bad. I hope ;)

Back