• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual heatercore in thermaltake xaser 3 case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cheece2001

where can i put a dual heatercore from dangerden in this thermaltake xaser 3 case. I can't put it where the drive cages are becuase there are drives there. I don't know where i would put it. Is there a difference in temps. between the dual heatercore and rads like black ice that use only one 120mm fan.

By dual heater cores, do you mean two seperate cores, or an individual dual-pass heater core?

As for the temps, not too big of a difference, but big enough to notice. I'd only suggest those smaller rads if you have major space restraints. If you use two of those small rads, you'll still get good temps.

As for placement of rads, I think you could get away with putting a large one on the floor of the case, exiting downwards. With that setup you'd have to have the pump in cages behind the intake fans. Otherwise, if you can relocate your HDD's to the 5.25" bays, you could put a heater core in front with dual 120mm's - it'd be a tight fit though.

...you seen i can't fit all my drives in the bays. I would still have one left over in the drive cages. Is there any other place i can place the heatercore instead of the drive cages. So there is a really big difference between the rad with 1 120mm fan and the heatercore that can have 2 120mm fans on it? What about externally? Do you know a website with lots of pics that poeple have modded there computer to fit a heatercore. Like in my thermaltake xaser 3 case for example.

Back