• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oh ****... filling system gone wrong

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

azianese

Alright.... I don't know what really came over me but I tried to fill my system wrong.. This is how the order was going to be

Pump->radiator->reservoir->cpu->gpu->pump

So yeah. I took the tube that went from the reservoir to the cpu and I started filling it from there. I guess I never really thought that after filling it, it would eventually COME OUT OF THE HOLE ON THE CPU. Anyways, water spilled out from the cpu intake hole and went on the northbridge which then splattered on the video card which drooped down to the floor of the case.... A couple of question i guess...

1. I guess I should have asked before or known before but how do I fill a system with a reservoir?!

2. Is the water on the video card/northbridge/ yeah... do I have to do the whole alocohol bath thing or is drying with a paper towel and not messing with it for a while good enough?

Thanks for any replies.

Your res doesnt have a removable top or a cap that you can remove to fill with?

Back