• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Storm/G4 Waterblocks Now Availible

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just got done placing my order, w00t! I may break out my old 1048 with this block.

I just placed my order as well, can't wait to get my new rig running with it :)

LOL, did you guys see cather's jet pictures?

http://www.employees.org/~slf/storm/jets2.jpg

http://www.employees.org/~slf/storm/jets2.jpg

new_shocked.gif

Man, that thing looks monstrous!!!

I gotta think long and hard about this......
I have a Cascade, which is great, but I also have a couple of other systems....;)

And little money and many things needed for both my car and my house. :(

Alacritan said:
Damn it. I hope he still has some by Friday. I just blew my spare cash on a new Cooler Master case and new mobo. Damn.

NM, just read the siggy. :eek:

Gongo56 said:
what kind of performace is this on par with?

The previous best performing block was Cathars's Cascade.
Before that was Cathar's White Water.

The Storm series is a bit better than the Cascade:
G4 about .8c I think and the G5 a bit better than that. :)

hmm anyone know if the back plate on my msi k8n neo2 platinum mobo for the hs/fan will work for the G4?

Is that block worth $100? How much is the g5 block and when should it be coming out? If it's worth it I may cancel my Swifty 6002.

Jbroad572 said:
Is that block worth $100? How much is the g5 block and when should it be coming out? If it's worth it I may cancel my Swifty 6002.

Check out the link in the first post-
copied here for your convenience. ;)
9mmCensor said:

For those asking if the block is worth it....

Well, it depends: if you always want the best "bang for the buck" you can get, probably not.
There ARE much cheaper blocks that will get you within a few degrees of the temps a Storm will get you.

If you want to have THE BEST WATERBLOCK and Performance available, then yes,I think it probably is. :)

I almost always go cheap for my computer stuff- this lets me have a few spare machines. ;)
But I splurged on a Cascade quite a while back, because I wanted to get THE BEST for once. It was expensive, and worth every penny I spent.
Worth more in fact: nobody but Cathar has beaten the Cascade's performance commercially yet. :D

To stress how "worth it" I consider Cathar's blocks:

I have 5 watercooled machines that all run just fine.
As I said before, I have many demands on my funds and little to spare right now for luxury items.

I am still thinking VERY hard about how I can manage to scrape up the funds and justify spending it on a Storm.

Back