• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sut

Registered
would it help me to add another stick of ram to my other computer! currently I have 1 stick of ddram 3200, 512 MB the motherboard is a asus p4p800 e deluxe Also when you use it in a motherboard that supports dual stick do you need to buy them in pairs(at the same time)

as long as the memory is the same size with same spd and mhz capabilites you can run memory in dualchannel theyll only be able to run as fast as the slower of the two though.

no, they don't have to be bought at the same time. its usually a good idea to get the same stick though. and it should help your computer out since dc makes much more of a difference for a P4 system than an AMD.

thanks for the replys! this is what I bought when I built this computer! Model# VS512MB400
Item # N82E16820145026
Specification
Manufacturer: Corsair
Speed: DDR400(PC3200)
Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 2.5
Support Voltage: 2.5V
Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s
Organization: 64M x 64 -Bit
Warranty: Lifetime
is it good enough to use for dual channel This ram thing is a new area that I have not spent to much time learning and dont understand it all thanks for the input

thx for the help I have been spending time learning about ram in this form lot to read and good toooooo! thx

Back