• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Res Idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer36

As in the picture below im going to make a PVC res origninally wanted to make it out of clear PVC until i saw the prices. I made one similar to this that was on the back of my case, but I made it to short and it was sucking in air. What I want to do is lay put it on the bottom of my case, with some sort of prop to prime the pump better. Im currently using a Tee line now, but for some reason i just like having a res. Any problems you might see?

Also I have a Hydor L30 and i was wondering if insted of using a small section of hose to connect from the res to the pump if i should get a coupler of some sort allowing for a bigger intake, still not sure that would have any advantages.

Thanks,
Archer

Attachments

• res.gif
    res.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 114
Looks good. Best possible connection between pump and res is if you actually submerge the pump inlet in the resevoir itself. That way the inlet is completely unrestricted.

Moony349 said:
Looks good. Best possible connection between pump and res is if you actually submerge the pump inlet in the resevoir itself. That way the inlet is completely unrestricted.
Should have mentiod that im going to use 2" PVC, so submersion is not an option. TY anyways.

Also I have a Hydor L30 and i was wondering if insted of using a small section of hose to connect from the res to the pump if i should get a coupler of some sort allowing for a bigger intake, still not sure that would have any advantages.
yes you can do this BUT you have to seal it perfectly and heavy duty over goop it because the vibration on solid hard peices can eventualy unseal it if you dont do a good enough job.
take a look at what phaestus at procooling did to L30 and or what i have done

thorilan said:
yes you can do this BUT you have to seal it perfectly and heavy duty over goop it because the vibration on solid hard peices can eventualy unseal it if you dont do a good enough job.
take a look at what phaestus at procooling did to L30 and or what i have done
Where could i find what either of you two did?

Why in the bottom of your case? The best place for any t-line or reservoir is at the top. Also, you might want to put the inlet inline with the tubing instead of pouring down into it because that will churn up the water and possibly get air in your lines. I think this would work better to get air out of your lines.

Attachments

• resbleedfill.JPG
    resbleedfill.JPG
    5.3 KB · Views: 106
I want it at the bottom, cause i dont want to have it at the top, and if somthing causes the res to leak it wont kill my system lol. Now i wanted the inlet to the res the way i had it cause then i dont have to make a tight bend with my tubing. I dont think it will create to much air if the res is complely filled, and my outlet is as low as it can go.

Alacritan said:
Have you considered mounting it outside the case?
Lookie my Avatar, This is why im making a new one the old one created a water tornado and was sucking in air, even though its quite large.

Back