• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UC coolant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's good stuff. It won't stain your lines, it's an all in one corrosion/antibacteria/antialgae additive (improved cooling is questionable with any additive), but from what I understand it doesn't glow that brightly. I'd give it a shot first. You can always add UV dye to it if it isn't bright enough for you.

I'm going to use the same stuff - Just got mine from frozen last week. Can I mix highlighter in with it if it doesnt glow as bright as I would like it to?

It might be best to simply add more UV lights. I'll be installing 4 * 12" UV CCFLs in my box, I believe it'll do the trick... but adding more UV reactive material might work just as well.

Too expensive just to make some water glow more when I can get a .50 highlighter and also I dont have the room either. I'm trying to pull this all off in a pretty small mid-tower case lol.

You don't want to use a highlighter. They're particulate based and will build up over time on your pump and waterblock and also stain your tubing.

Back