• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best res.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cheece2001

whats the best resevoir out there. I need one for my new watercooling system that i am making. This will be my first.

I personally like the Tundra dual 5.25" bay res at FrozenCPU, but most people will tell you to skip the res all together.

You might want to check out this thread. These look like really nice res's to me and I plan on buying one soon for my future setup. That is a custom one however and their normal res's look like this. You should look in other posts (and the stickies to I think) to do some research on the pros and cons of T-lines versus Reservoirs.

*Edit - Check out this thread also. It has more info about those res's.*

thats a nice res but i don't have that pump. I will be getting the swiftec pump. Does that rs that ataches to the ehiem pump work with pumps like the swiftec ones? Is there a 1" to 1/2" fitting or something?

Some guy posted links to the ColorStone site but there's no English version so I don't know how you're supposed to order anything.

cheece2001 said:
thats a nice res but i don't have that pump. I will be getting the swiftec pump. Does that rs that ataches to the ehiem pump work with pumps like the swiftec ones? Is there a 1" to 1/2" fitting or something?
Which Swiftec pump are you getting? The MCP600 or the MCP650? Because one of the links in my previous post showed the res with the MCP650. Going to this Colorstone website page I was able to pick out these english words: L40, L30, MAG3, 1260, 1250, 1048, D4, MCP600. So this means they might have adapter's for all these pumps but not knowing Taiwanese I can't be sure of this. If you're thinking of getting one I think you should check out the english version of their site they recently made for contact options on how to get one and tell them what kind of pump you have and if it's compatible with the res.

Hope this helps :D

glue some PVC to the intake of the pump, very cheap and helps flow by reducing resistance on the intake. Put a barb where you want the return to go in and a fitting on the top, voila res.

Back