• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Ice II vs. Heatcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cheece2001

am tihnking in buying a rad but i don't know which is better. The black ice 2 with the 2 120mm fans or the cheaper heatercore. Which one is better.

I recall reading that the Heatercore will outperform the Black Ice 2 for a less price. I'm sure someone else will chime in with more detailed information though.

i need performance comparison. ...what do u tihnk. heatercore or the black ice.

Jbroad572 said:
I recall reading that the Heatercore will outperform the Black Ice 2............
I believe that he just anwsered that ;). But yes, a heatercore will perform much better than the black ice 2.

*Edit - Added slightly more info to the post :)*

Last edited:
thats why Im switching to a 77 heatercore
but what about those thermochill 120.3 compared to a heater core?

i guese i will go with the heatercore. i have a question of how to paint it and stuff. I want it to look blue. Do i just spray paint it or somehting?

I would expect the Thermochill 120.3 to be maybe 3/4 as good as a heatercore. It's basically a BIX with another 120mm added to it. Sure it looks nice but it won't get you great temps.

cheece2001 said:
............Do i just spray paint it or somehting?
Yes you can just spraypaint it whatever color you like. Go to this thread to see what other people have done and what paints they have used. I'd suggest that you cover the entire fin area with masking tape or something so you don't get paint on them which can hinder cooling performance. Some people paint their fins with a very light coat and say it doesn't affect the temps so you'll have to decide for yourself what you want to do.

ya I saw that that things a beast :clap:

*sigh if I had the tools and skillz

I was only askin cause Im definatly gonna try and get me one of those U2-UFOs :drool:

so now Im thinkin best go with two 77 bonniville HCs
only question is when running multiple HCs do you run them in series or parralle

thermochill 120.3 is huge and can use 6 x 120mm fan... i think it is better than Caprice Heater Core or The Feco Core.

Back