• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your OCZ PC3200EB overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ap673

When most people talk about the EB series, they usually talk about the 3500/3700 specs. But since they all use the same ramchips, shouldn't they all overclock roughly the same?

I got my 2x512 PC3200EB at 233mhz [email protected]. But then again im using a nforce2 and athlonxp with cpc enabled. Just post your max overclock, timings, voltages, and chipset. Thanks! :beer:

Well, since they have the same ram chips, I guess I'm about the same as the 3200. Strangely enough, I'm maxed out at 233 too. I can run 3-3-2-11 at 2.9V up to 233, and then it dies out. I have the nforce2 NF7-S and I've read several articles saying that the combination of 2*512 and the EB ram make it a bad overclocker on nforce2 boards for some reason. They're great for A64's though apparently.

Ya i'm just waiting for nforce4 SLI so I can get a 90nm S939 A64.

It's cuz hes got 2x256, were penalized for having a gig.

enduro said:
Hey Chowdy. Could you only get to 240 by raising your vdd to 1.9V?

Yes and no. I can get to 240 on 1.8Vdd, but there was some rare instances of instability which disappeared @ 1.9vdd. Maybe it's all in my head, but i haven't had any issues lately. I'm soon upgrading to some crucial budget flavour ram. Hopefully it'll have mT -5BC, but maybe some later revisions. I too shall get penalized for having a gig soon :D

Yeah. I'm downgrading to the BTD43 here pretty soon. After using a gig, and using my brother's computer which has 512, there's no difference. I'm sure there is on really intensive gaming, but I'd rather have 512 with a 260 fsb, than more ram than my computer can use and a very small fsb. I'm in the process of getting rid of this ram, so hopefully I'll get the BT D43 here pretty soon.

enduro said:
Yeah. I'm downgrading to the BTD43 here pretty soon.

DOWNGRADE!?!?!?!?!? :mad: :D

____

Do I count? mine IS techinically PC3200 eventho its KVR :p

MaxOC:
237 (3-2-2-11) @ 2.9v
246.6 (3-2-3-11) @ 2.9v

LOL!, Yeah, my brother keeps teasing me that I'm getting rid of my top of the line OCZ for the Kingston junk. That's his quote, not mine. I actually like Kingston, but when you think VR, you don't think high quality. Sorry Sen, but you have bargain basement el cheapo ram ;) and that's a good thing.

Well, since you got a higher overclock than all of us(again) ;) no, it doesn't count. Only the people that get like a 220 overclock in DC can post, so we can feel better about ourselves.

MAX with my 256 stick is around 251 at 11-2-2-2-cas 3 at 3.3 volts and stock vdd with CPC on and STOCK!?!? bios any other bios and it wont go that high.....i have tried EVERY bios for my mobo and it just dosn't seem to like it.

with cpc off and 11-2-3-2-cas 3 i can get in around 260...now if only my CPU could run a 10x multi with that :DROOL!!!: but it can't so o well....i also have to update my specs in my sig....maybe that will b now time.....

I dont mean to jack the thread ( and will try not to ) But i always heard that more fsb even vs mhz is better . So since i have crap ram I have been working my over clock with the multy , trying to get 13.5x200 to be stable . and figured i would go the other side once i get some ram that can oc well . But my questin is this y am i getting higher scores than Dukemurmur his 9800 is even a r360 core ? his fsb is way better than mine ? Have i been wrong all this time that fsb doesnt mean as much as i think it does ?

( my scores arent alot better but i beat him on all 3 scores that he posted . Not trying to flame just looking for a answer as to y this is ? )

It really depends on the card too. Using a 230*11.5 clock, I scored a 20150 on 3DMark03, while I get a 19600 with 230*1. So the tests run both clock and fsb tests I believe. I'm betting though, that you'll get a lower score on the vidcard portion on the test if you lower you fsb. I'm more interested in eliminating the bottleneck in my system, so that everything will run faster. That's the problem with the extremely fast chips that the companies are designing. The bottlenecks are never the cpu anymore, it's usually everything else. So, to answer you question, would you like to reduce your bottleneck, or just get a higher score in Sandra and 3DMark?

Back