• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocz El Or Eb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoPMatrix

OCZ EL or EB?

Can someone tell me the difference between the 2? And which has a better record for OC'in with a64 chips?

I do not see EB on newegg anymore and I think I remember someone on the boards saying it was discontinued, but yet it is still listed on the OCZ website

The system I'm going to be building is:

AMD 64 3200+ DTR 1.5v
Thermalright SLK948U
DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250Gb
EVGA GeForce 6800GT

I was thinking about picking up some OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 Dual Channel (512MBx2) 3200 Would EB be better? 3500?
3700 is a little too rich for my blood, is there much advance for 3500 over 3200?
Max OC with tight timings is the goal

If you can find 3700EB, that would be awesome. It is similar to BH5, except it can't run CAS2. It will run high volts and tight timings though. I'm, pretty sure the chips on the EL v2 are the sammy TCCDs, which are the same ones used on the corsair xl. from what i've seen, they o/c pretty well.

KKAT said:
If you can find 3700EB, that would be awesome. It is similar to BH5, except it can't run CAS2. It will run high volts and tight timings though. I'm, pretty sure the chips on the EL v2 are the sammy TCCDs, which are the same ones used on the corsair xl. from what i've seen, they o/c pretty well.

Remember the "EB- feature" which is of course useless in normal life but helps bandwith- benches ;)

Can't run CAS2.0 but has the same bandwith as if it would... fine RAM, if you have enough volts go make it run.
Anyway, I'd prefer the TCCD ;)

hrrm yeah I think I'm guna go with the 3200 EL rev2 with the TCCD chips, seems to perform better all over,, the 3500/3700EB doesn’t seem to shine well until it gets into the 466-500 rang according to anandtech

Tho it could allow me a higher max OC I think I’ll go with the all around better performance of the 3200EL rev2

thx for the help =)

Back