• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

would a dangerdan dual HC shroud fit on a '77 Bonneville??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dimension of the fedco 2-302 is about 10-3/4" X 5-5/8" X 2" w/o the tanks and about 12-1/2" X 5-5/8 X 2" with the tanks. The DD hc is 11" x 6 1/8" x 2" so it's pretty damn close. Therefore the DD shroud may work but from what is recommended to avoid dead space, the distance of the fan to the fins should be about 1.5"-2". Looks like DD shroud is not going to give you optimal distance (though it looks nice). I know someone makes the shroud for fedco 2-302 in the classified under cooling (i'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name) if you want to purchase one instead of making one.

The DD shroud is rather weak, it is not deep at all, it is merely a way to mount your fans.
A shroud shoul serve two purposes, fan-mounting, and dead-spot elimination.
With a Bonneville, you should definately not give up that gain you get from having a decent distance frfom your fan to the fins.
SenC.

Even if the DD one fits, it won't be nearly as affective as a shroud that gives you 1" to 1.5" of spereation.

You can just make one. All you need is some sheet metal, tin snips, something to cut holes for the fans (like a dremel, jigsaw, hole attachment for drill), and a basic undertanding of geometry.

....or you can take a piece of cardboard and a marker, trace the b'ville core, then draw lines 1 1/2 inces out on all sides, make four cuts, fold, tape, then take 120mm fan guards, tape in place, trace with marker, cut out....then spraypaint like this:

Stacker 007.jpg

Stacker 009.jpg

:bday:

How do u guys build those so good, mine is two sandwich containers with duct tape stuck everywhere on the "shoud" and the HC, lol.

Aww!!! Come on!!! I thought I did a damn fine job with a piece of cardboard and spraypaint! LOL. I carved it out of an old DELL box I had lying around!!! That, in itself, should be worth something!!

Back