• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAvign Some Problems With My New WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mils128

Having Some Problems With My New WC

Ok i am New to WC'ing so i am almost positive something is wrong just don't know how to fix it. i am Running MBM5
My Parts: Danger Den RBX
Black Ice Extreme
T-line
Zerex Racing Coolant- Distilled Water (10% Coolant, 90% Water)
AquaExtreme DC12v Pump
(1) Evercool 80 CFM 120mm Fan

Ok on Air My temps were around 40c with OC.

Now on Water i was getting temps of 52c but then i talked to a friend and they said that my circulaion was wrong what i had was:

T-line, Pump,RAD,RBX,T-line.

Now it is like so:

t-line, pump, RBX, RAD, T-line.

Now i have been getting temps arpund 46c which is better then the old one but not better then air.

My Fan is getting cool air and everything seems fine with my rad. Remounted the CPU block and both sides look even AS5. but then why is this happening. i have some foam that forms but when i turn off the pump most goes to the top of my t-line but a bit stays in the pipes near my RBX. i can't get it out. Also there are some kinks in there but i can't get them out at all. can someone help me out??

(P.S. Sorry for long Post)

do you know if there is any air in your rad? that would make a very big differance, and the kinks wont be helping you either. try using zip ties on the hose that kinks and moving the rad around to get air bubbles out

well order doesn't really matter. It results in such a small difference in temp, it is essentially negligable. First, make sure you have no kinks, and no places were air could get out/in ie check all your connections, and then make sure there isn't an air bubble in the waterblock. Make sure the entire system has been bled thoroughly.

The kinks are what is killing your temps. If you need more tubing, then get it. You can't do anything else if you have kinks.

Ok I finaly found out what your problem is. Your fan on the rad is sucking in hot air from your case. The fan you have now on your rad is like 2 or 3 inches from the front of your case. You should have cut a 120mm hole in the metal part of your case and mount the fan to that. That way it would be sucking in cool air.

most lily you system needs to bled, also get some clear flex 60, it will do woudners, I can't even get it to kink. Lastly you probably mounted your block wrong.

You need to have cold air being sucked through the rad from outside the case. Use a shroud, it is not optional.

What was your air cooling? High end air will probably get better temps than your water cooling.

There is less airflow around the heat sensor with water cooling. That and with a quality HS and a jet engine for a fan you get temps comparable to WCing.

most lily you system needs to bled, also get some clear flex 60, it will do woudners, I can't even get it to kink. Lastly you probably mounted your block wrong.

I dont think any of that will help here.

well order doesn't really matter. It results in such a small difference in temp, it is essentially negligable.

yes, whoever told mils128 anything diff was miss-informed.

For kinks, just sit down look at your system and think of a way to route everything so that there is the least amount of curve in the tubes. Dont worry about the order of things, just kinks and minimizing the amount of tubes.

Last edited:
Some updates: I made a Shroud for my case. I have Clear Flex 60
Can't get the kinks out
and to top that off my pc is at 60c when playing Battlefield 1942.

Oh and i recheacked and i actually am not oc'ing at all. i am on stock.

the block is mounted correctly but there might not be enough AS5 because my hand hit it when filling me system and it wasn't on yet. goint to try to remount it now. or just may get my air system in there.

Well i wasn't using a high end air system just a stock AMD HS with fan.

Last edited:
ls7corvete said:
You need to have cold air being sucked through the rad from outside the case. Use a shroud, it is not optional

Push or pull doesn't really matter. I've done it both ways and temps were the same. Seems you were misinformed.

well order doesn't really matter. It results in such a small difference in temp, it is essentially negligable.

Yup yup, whoever told you that was miss-informed.

When it comes to having it go pump, rad, block or pump, block, rad. There is at most a .5C diff which means nothing. I would say before posting someone is wrong you take a few to read and up learn.

Many many people have gotten several degrees from sucking as apposed to pushing. If you dont see a drop when you switch to sucking there is probably something wrong with your airflow.

I was agreeing with the statement about order not mattering. Yup=yes. "whoever told you that was missinformed" was directed at mils128, as was the rest of the post.

ok calm down both of you. No thread hijacking here. fistly, before oyu guys want to kill eachother lets get my problem fixed first eh.

right now i am at 49c. i have a paper shroud about to make one from form board. i may put my radiator outside of my case to see if that helps. i do not have any load right now.

I'd bet Mils when you place it out side the case your temps will go down. Also Is7 why not tell this person they did something wrong. I also have 4 years watercooling under my belt, so I do know alittle bit here. After all I've used block, pelts and even did the first direct die watercooling for an Intel here at the OCF.
nikhsub1 said:
I have done the push only vs. pull only vs. push/pull. On my setup, i improve temps by 2C with push/pull vs. any other config.

With at least 60c load(my BFV temps are always a degree or two below folding temps) I think there is more going on here than what putting the rad outside the case will do. It is probably the kinks.

I am assuming you have only one fan, most people have best results having the fan suck through the rad, Wicked is an exception. Try both definetly, easy enough, the airflow needs to be adjusted accordingly though.

Edit:
Use this, its the best way to get load temps.
http://mersenne.org/gimps/p95v238.exe

Last edited:
As you can see in this pic, he is getting a mix of warm air as well as cool air.
5uqzb
Thats his set up Also Mils I just downloaded the pics you sent me of this. For the life of me I couldn't see one little kink. You mind mS painting the area where the kink is?

Last edited:
Excuse me sir but i do not think oyu have the right to post this:
"Wicked is an exception."

Just because he has had a lot of sucess one way and he neaver said that i sohuld not try both ways he just said that he has done it both ways and has not gotten a diffrence if you have done it both ways and gotten a diffrence more power to ya but don't get at other people.

wicked the pics have changed a bit from that. basiclly redid everything so i need to get pics of the new stuff for everyone. i need to find a way to host this stuff though.

mils128 said:
Excuse me sir but i do not think oyu have the right to post this:
"Wicked is an exception."

Just because he has had a lot of sucess one way and he neaver said that i sohuld not try both ways he just said that he has done it both ways and has not gotten a diffrence if you have done it both ways and gotten a diffrence more power to ya but don't get at other people.

Its not about my system or his system, its about those that have tested have found sucking to produce better results. Even though he does get the same temps, recommending something that has a likleyhood of less performance seems foolish.

ls7corvete said:
Its not about my system or his system, its about those that have tested have found sucking to produce better results. Even though he does get the same temps, recommending something that has a likleyhood of less performance seems foolish.

You mind showing me where I recommending something foolish? At any given time did I ever say to put the fan in a push or a pull set up, no I didn't cause if I wouldv'e I would have said do push/pull. That way you get better temps then with push or pull by itself.

Back