• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leak testing my first rig!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNewGuy143

Hey, finally I made it to the leak testing!!! Not as hard as I could have thought it was just a PITA to screw all the clamps :beer:
Here it is
watercooling.JPG

What is it?
Bonneville heatercore
Eheim 1250, to be changed
Cascade SS :drool:

Please comment should it be positive or negative.
TheNewGuy

Just using the newspaper for testing right? I would bring the T-Line all the way up to the top of the case, get a fill cap, drill the top of the case and place it there. Much easier access IMO, may not be worth the extra effort, but still.

Looks good.

To cut down on tube length, though, I would move the pump closer to the rad, and rotate the pump 180 degrees to the return is on the left as you're looking at it... You'll be able to cut down on tube length that way... :attn: but that's just me.

Scroatdog said:
Looks good.

To cut down on tube length, though, I would move the pump closer to the rad, and rotate the pump 180 degrees to the return is on the left as you're looking at it... You'll be able to cut down on tube length that way... :attn: but that's just me.

besides that, he has no space to put his AGP and pci cards.

Cascade SS?
You must be rich. ;) :D

Looking good man!

One suggestion that you may or may not want to take-

For your first system I would try and hold off on doing any more permanent mods to the case than ABSOLUTELY necessary......

I hacked mine up horribly in the first year trying different things out; it was horrifying when I was done.

Of course, I personally still tend to do that a lot with at least one system all the time, but hey: everyone needs a hobby, right. ;)

Keep us updated!

Yeah thats a big hole in front of it!!!
Im not rich, actually im poor lol After buying the block it took me 6monts to buy a heatercore :) I had the block long ago(february or march if im not mistaken).

I hacked mine up horribly in the first year trying different things out; it was horrifying when I was done
Done that too, two cases in fact, now it looks like a junk car...LOL, Good setup though, you have there. Are you sure there is no alternative to those zip ties and the T juction area???

Well i was sure someone would bring that up, I had a problem with the t line. I think the tube from the t line to the pump was too short and after a short period of time an air bubble would create because the t line fitting starts big and gets smaller and the pumps inlet is a lot bigger so a big air bubble would be created there after a few secs and I had to shake it so it would disappear. But it came back 10-15seconds after.
TheNewGuy

Btw ill try and put a longer tube there when i take the water out. But now that I think of it, if I removed the zip ties now that I have no more air in the loop that air gap wouldnt be created. Ill have to see that.

Back