• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushikin ddr400 help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

I know that the mem board probably gets a lot of qeustions like this; but let me ask them and if you have mercy you will help me.

I have some mushkin DDR 400 and I was woudnerign about Overclocking
(I HAVE READ THE GUIDE AND HAVE SPECIFIC QUESITONS)

Okay I have the timing in my nf7 set to optimal and I know that it makes the memory slower but lets the FSB climb. Im going to be getting a xp 2600M soon and may go as high as 500mhz fsb (im on water, and might be dreaming, but I want to know)

Is there any way ram can handle that? I know thats, what 20% overclock. Bassically how high can I push my ram, its nothing special, but how far, keep in mind 1.7v is my max and Im not volt modding. so what do you think, am I going to max out at like 420mhz? or am looking more at 460mhz? I have no idea,

And also, what is the damage factor? CPUs can take a beating of Voltage and Heat before they die. But what about ram, how carelful should I be? if my max Votlage is 1.7 then can I break it? i really can't afford $200 for new ram so i need to be safe

Thanks!

Which Mushkin PC3200 do you have? The Mushkin I've had overclocked pretty well, but it had BH-5 chips. I'm assuming your max vdimm is 2.7v not 1.7v like you listed. I would think you could get at least DDR440 out of that RAM, maybe more if you're lucky. I've had 3.2v through my Mushkin. As long as you have good case ventilation, they can handle a little voltage.

well the problem is that I can't give em more jice, board only goes up to 2.7V, 2.6V being stock.

but thanks you answered my question.

Back