• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

danger of memory tming ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rocky_balboa

Registered
well, i was alwayys afraid os messing with the ram timings
but now its time, =)

i would like to know what could happen if i tigh up too much the ram latencis ???

and by the way, can anyone explai that to me ???
couse i count find this at the forum

thankzz

I can't explain it too well, so I did a google search and found this article. It provides some info on what memory latency is, and how it affects performance and such. I believe that if you set your memory timings too tight, your system will be unstable as a consequence - but it won't fail to boot or crash your system or anything like that. Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm still using an old kt266a board that doesn't have too many options to change timings. Hope this helps. Oh yeah...

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!! :D

If your memory timings are too tight, when you save and exit out of BIOS, you'll get this series of beeps or just a black screen, and you'll usually have to reset CMOS. That' s what happens on my board.

rocky_balboa said:
and how do i reeset cmos ????

There is a little white jumper (usually next to your CMOS battery) that is on two of three pins. Switch the jumper to the other pin (if its on pin 1 and 2, switch to 2 and 3). Or go out and buy an ASUS mobo and you never have to worry about reseting your CMOS lol.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, never say the A$&$ word. That's a horrible curse in the forums. ;) A... boards really suck when compared to the overclock reached with the NF7 rev.2 and the DFI Infinity boards. Asus, with their terrible bios, just can't compare. Now for PIV, it might be different, but for AMD, A... is terrible. Just save your money and buy the NF7.

stang8118

well, stang8118, my modo ia the p8p800-e deluxe
exactely the one you use !!!

and what do you mean about not having to worry aboy resenting my CMOS ????

edit: also the same processor, =))

Just to help those around you solve any of your problems, could you put your system in your sig? It really helps diagnose problems and make recommendations.

enduro said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, never say the A$&$ word. That's a horrible curse in the forums. ;) A... boards really suck when compared to the overclock reached with the NF7 rev.2 and the DFI Infinity boards. Asus, with their terrible bios, just can't compare. Now for PIV, it might be different, but for AMD, A... is terrible. Just save your money and buy the NF7.

My ASUS A8V is probably the best most reliable socket 939 board on the market. Better clarify things a little more when trashing a company!!

stang8118 said:
There is a little white jumper (usually next to your CMOS battery) that is on two of three pins. Switch the jumper to the other pin (if its on pin 1 and 2, switch to 2 and 3). Or go out and buy an ASUS mobo and you never have to worry about reseting your CMOS lol.

You forgot to tell him to make sure the PSU is unplugged from the system.

My ASUS A8V is probably the best most reliable socket 939 board on the market. Better clarify things a little more when trashing a company!!

Down fluffy, down. ;) I meant AXP boards. Like the A7N8X boards. They have such limited overclocking settings and potential, that they aren't even worth mentioning next to the NF7 or DFI Infinity

Section8 said:
Ok....fair enuff. ***-sue-us Nforce2 mobos. Ie: A7N8X Delux.. etc etc...now THOSE really sux.

I will say that the Asus Intel mobo were always solid. I know alot of pplz prefer them over the IC7 or AI7

enduro said:
Down fluffy, down. ;) I meant AXP boards. Like the A7N8X boards. They have such limited overclocking settings and potential, that they aren't even worth mentioning next to the NF7 or DFI Infinity

:) I know what you meant I just felt like giving you crap!!!

can anyone explain to me what stang8118 said ???
i have a p4p800-e deluxe mobo...

he said it would have to reset cmos whith the pin ...

hows that ???

Back