• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memturbo 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

komm

I only have 512 PC3200 ram, and can't afford to get any more, so I need to use a program, and this came up. I don't have a clue about the "target free ram" setting on the first tab. I need to figure out what to set this to when playing Doom 3, Farcry, and Planetside. Other stats:

Geforce 6800 (OC if needed)
Athlon 64 3200+
Corsair Value 512 PC3200 DDRAM

I hate to break it to ya but those programs wont help 99% of the time for performance, all they will do is free up more memory that is being ate by the Os and such, unless you have under 512mb of RAM I highly doubt doom3 or far cry will be using ALL of your ram therefore making the program useless as far as real world speed increases.

Also the target slide just tells the program how much memory to "try" to free up, basically I don't see any reason not to set this to the max it allows.

komm said:
I only have 512 PC3200 ram, and can't afford to get any more, so I need to use a program, and this came up. I don't have a clue about the "target free ram" setting on the first tab. I need to figure out what to set this to when playing Doom 3, Farcry, and Planetside. Other stats:

Geforce 6800 (OC if needed)
Athlon 64 3200+
Corsair Value 512 PC3200 DDRAM

I don't know how much benefit you'll see using this program in games, but it will help your system to run smoother overall. These memory defrag progs usually make games look a little more choppy especially when trying to free up memory.

Back