• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Fedco 2-342 Heater Core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pirred908

Registered
Hello.

I'm going to be building a custom water cooling setup very soon. I was told that the Fedco 2-342 is the best heater core. However, I'm having alot of trouble finding this item. Autozone has what they think is the same heater core, but its made by GDI. Can someone tell me if the GDI heater core will be as efficient as the Fedco one. Thank you.

fedco 2-342 and GDI #399090 are the same. i would buy it online cause u get free ship and u can put in an area code to get it for $17.99. i paid $26.99 instore plus tax

if u have a problem with the shipped one u can always return it instore as long as u didnt modify it

Just checked the price of of the fedco 2342 compared to the Black Ice Xtreme II and its about a $70 difference :drool:. Do I just use a handsaw to remove the inlet/oulet tubes and does 1/2 tubing fit on it?

Catalan said:
Just checked the price of of the fedco 2342 compared to the Black Ice Xtreme II and its about a $70 difference :drool:. Do I just use a handsaw to remove the inlet/oulet tubes and does 1/2 tubing fit on it?
can you fit 1/2 tubing on 3/4 tube? The actual size for 2-342 is 5/8 and 3/4 respectively. :D

The ends of the heater core are actually wider than the rest of the tube. If you cut the ends off you will have no problem streching 1/2" ID tubing over it.

The inlets and outlets are about the same diameter at the base. Just heat up your tubing in some hot water and they slip on with a little bit of effort. Leads to a nice leak proof and secure connection.

well, the pump you are using meets the max head requirement - the '77b'ville with ac would perform very close to the 342 and might edge it out a little in overall performance with that pump - check this thread:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=304440

^that has a lot of info on the 302, the 342 and the 2-199 as well as info on how to convert the 302 into a single pass core. if you want some heatercore info, you're gonna have a hard time finding more than what is in the five pages of that thread...

Back