• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best ram for K8N-E Deluxe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kurisu

Hi,

I'm in the market for some nice ram [1gb], probably in the $300 range. The limitation of this motherboard is 2.7 volts, unfortunately. What would be best? I have an Athlon 64 2800 and I'm considering a pretty hefty overclock.

I'm not sure what speed you are aiming for but the EB excels even at low voltage. Don't forget, you can always use cpu ratios.

Last edited:
that memory uses the samsung tccd chips it wont oc very hi due to its design. the ocz platinum rev2 or the pqi turbo 2.2.2.5 oc's much higher. i would recomend one of those 2. checkout stans thread

See, I've read that but he puts it at 2.8v. I can only push 2.7 with this mobo. Furthermore, that plat is also tccd! I don't understand.

Well, just ordered that pqi turbo after a long read of that awesome aforementioned thread [thanks for the help as well, flapperhead + Gautam]. Looks like it'll be a clear winner with the K8N-E.

Back