• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HC Mounting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer36

Hey guys im going to be moving over to a new case. I have a '77 Bonniville HC, with two 120's on it with shourd. Im going to try some crazy stuff but this is not the time and the place to talk about it. Now should i just bolt the fans on the case, or should I do that and make a socket for the bottom tank? I have a really crappy "Dremel" its battery powered (I know im dumb but i got it like 4 years ago), and it dies with in 15 minutes of cutting, what else should I use to cut the two 120mm holes with, basically all i have is a jig Saw would that work with little pressure and some steel cutting blades? Finally on to my last question, which im thinking is correct but, I want to put my fans on the other side of the barbs to my knowledge that is ok.

Yes a jig saw will work might even be easier. As for placing the barbs on the toher side yes you can do that. Thats is whats known as a push set up. IF you could I would recommand push/pull.

Archer36 said:
Hey guys im going to be moving over to a new case. I have a '77 Bonniville HC, with two 120's on it with shourd. Im going to try some crazy stuff but this is not the time and the place to talk about it. Now should i just bolt the fans on the case, or should I do that and make a socket for the bottom tank?

You mean the resevoir yes?

Archer36 said:
I have a really crappy "Dremel" its battery powered (I know im dumb but i got it like 4 years ago), and it dies with in 15 minutes of cutting, what else should I use to cut the two 120mm holes with, basically all i have is a jig Saw would that work with little pressure and some steel cutting blades?

This would work, but it wont be easy, go slow, take your time, and cut just inside your markings. Use the dremel clone to clean it up.

Archer36 said:
Finally on to my last question, which im thinking is correct but, I want to put my fans on the other side of the barbs to my knowledge that is ok.

Not really sure what you mean, On the other side of where the barbs protrude? Fan location doesnt really matter, it all goes through the core the same way really.

Well right now i have my fans the the same side where the Inlet and Oulet of the HC. As for the tank its like the two on the top of the HC, but a long big one on the bottom of the HC.

Myself I went with threaded rods from Home Depot. Put my shroud and fans on then carefully ran them through the HC, then bolted then to the case and on the other side of the HC and cut the extra off.

Lol im using sandwich contaners, so my whole HC except for the fins are covered with duct tape, i considered the small bolts, but wont that bend the fins or can you get them really small.

Back