• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ready to get started but that darn shroud !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Senater_Cache

Well, I just got a new ProCore from Dtek, and a new Coolingworks Coolshroud from Cooltechnica.com
shroud
and core .

My problem is, I ordered both items at 2:00am and was dead tired. This lead me to overlook the cleverly disguised fact that the ProCore that Dtek Sells is completely different in size then the "ProCore" that Coolingworks claims their shroud is for.

hmm.
here I am now, held pback, by two parts meant for each other as per advertisement, yet disfunctional in reality.

If anyone has any recommendations on what to do, please help me out.

If anyone knows of any other shrouds that will fit a "new" ProCore, with a good plenum depth, also feel free to help me.

SenC.

Well that rad you ordered isn't a ProCore. You ordered the Pro-120. I'm guessing that's the same thing as a JR-120. The ProCore hasn't been made for a while. ;) I don't know of any shrouds that will fit it besides the ones at D-tek. You could make your own.

dammit...you guys are right.

"Newest version of the popular Pro-Core radiator." quote from Dtek.com
I guess nowadays one has to REALLY read into things.
btw anyone know what happened to Greenman100?, he makes good shrouds.

option # 2 - send back the pro-120 core & mod an '86 chevette core. that shroud will fit it perfectly. Modding a chevette core for use with H2O cooling is a helluva lot easier than building a shroud. the chevette core would have a little more surface area as well...

Although it won't be a nice fit, I'm betting that the shroud will sit flat on that Pro-120. If you look at it, the shroud would sit flat on a 5.5" surface based on the 4.7" width of the top. The flat part at the bottom is probably ~.5" on either side, leaving .125" left for support for the short ends. For the other sides, the measurement includes tanks, but I think its under the 5.3" size the shroud needs. :beer: Not much overhang, but if you're feeling lazy... Otherwise go with a chevette core. Cheaper and bigger. The other option is returning the shroud and taking the big hit on shipping, since I saw this shroud kit at the bottom of the Pro-120 page...

Thanks for the advice HiProfile, its just that the Dtek shroud sucks horribly...
It has a plenum depth of ~1". Wayy to little for my tatse.
I dont feel lik ereturning the damn thing because of shipping charges, and I dont feel like cutting tubes on any chevettes and having th esolder of the fins melt.....
DAMN YOU DTEK !!!!!!

Im getting a GreenmanShoud. He doesnt F*** around.

SenC.

i have the same rad and got the same shourd
i'm gonna try to see if i can fit it to mine this weekend
it comes with some kind of rubber or like foom or however ya spell it
my only prob will be fitting one on each side but i figure it i can get the rad to set in the middle proberly and still have both screw holes to hold it together whatever i do to it will still help my cooling and will be easier then buying a new rad or making my own
will let ya know

i have the same rad and got the same shourd
As in the "new" ProCore (5.5"W x 6.38"H X 2"Thick) ?? and Coolingworks Coolshroud for 6x6 HC?
well, well, thats unfortunate to hear. I have an inch gap on one side and a half inch gap on the other , so there is no way im patching that up successfully.
BTW, its Neoprene as far as I know and thsi is how you spell Foam. ;)
SenC.

ah so thats how ya spell it......i got a jr-120 rad dunno if thats the "New" Pro core or not but i do have the same shourds

Back