• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston HyperX BH-5 still in stock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
jlo56 said:
thats what these folks are saying....

http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum...5&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=1&vc=1

apparently compuvest.com has Kingston PC3200 HyperX BH-5 2x512mb...for $199 :D

looks from some of the benchies in that forum it may very well be real BH5

Yes, they do. And they also have non "A" KHX PC3500, plus the "A" version of both of these are really good prices. I linked to this vendor yesterday in the PQI thread to let people in on this. As of early Wednesday evening (East Coast) they had 25 dual kits of the bh-5 based PC3200 still in stock. I verified the Kingston product code with the sales rep at that time.

Based on the benchies and everything we know about Kingston's product codes, these are in fact old stock KHX with bh-5 ram that this vendor is "liquidating". Little do they know what they are holding in their shelves.

Here is a link to the actual product.

http://www.compuvest.com/Description.jsp?ItemID=108441

Catalan said:
Does the 3500 clock better than the 3200?

I've only read one review on the 3500 that I can remember and I did pretty good. There is a little more disagreement as to whether or not the non "A" 3500 has bh-5 or not, where there is no disagreement that the non "A" 3200 is bh-5.

The logic would suggest that the 3500 has been binned to at least run 216 at the lower voltage, but beyond that I don't know that you can really say. The 3500 is selling for about $210 so it is "dirt" cheap as well.

Catalan said:
Disagreement if the 3500 is bh-5? Have some recieved non bh-5?

Yes, there has been some reported non "A" PC3500 not being bh-5, but no disagreement that, like the PC3200, the "A" version is not bh-5.

In reading through threads here and in other sites, every so often this discussion about the chips in the 3500 comes up. There is some question as to whether the bh-5 has a rated voltage of 2.5v vs 2.6v and a couple of other "differences" that I don't recall right now. It (non "A" 3500) is probably bh-5 as well, but I don't have 100% confidence level, like I do with non "A" KHX PC3200.

Well bh-5 for about $200 is a steal IMO, I'll probably purchase some next week a long with my WC if it's still available.

This is one of those situations where I honestly don't think there will be any left in a week. They sold out the first batch, and the next batch of 50 was received yesterday, by late afternoon/early evening East Coast time, the stock was 25. There was still stock this morning but I don't know how much is left. You could follow the link and then call them at the number on their site and inquire as to how much they have left and whether any more is due. Somebody has a stock of this stuff that they are selling, without a clue as to what it is worth to guys like us. A gig of Mushkin was selling on eBay for a "buy it now" price of $350 last night. Granted, Mushkin is a "preferred" brand, but still...$200 for a gig...what a deal, if you can feed it the voltage, otherwise, you are probably better off buying TCCD ram. Of course, $200 for the ram, $50 for a Booster and for $250 and the right board and you are good to go.

Catalan said:
Well bh-5 for about $200 is a steal IMO, I'll probably purchase some next week a long with my WC if it's still available.

I just ordered some but it will take a while to get to canada eh!

musk

Reading through that thread over at futuremark, I'm betting they sold them out. I'm going to call over there in a little while and see what I can find out.

I just ordered myself a gig of this stuff....nice find jlo56! We'll see hoe these beauties do with my OCZ mem booster!!!! :clap:

BigStan said:
9:15am CST I just called them and they said they have 24 left and that mine will ship out today.

He shoots....he score....the crowd goes wild!!!!!! :eek: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mine should get to me pretty quickly since I live in the same state.

the KHX3500K2 they have in stock is winbond CH-5 chips. the original KHX3500 (without K2) is BH-5, which they dont have.

the BH-5 that they had was KHX3200K2. i also ordered a set from them 2 days ago. its in shipping currently. will reply back, when mine come in.

Back