• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems w/ OC'ing my P4p800 Dlx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nookie

Wassup ya'll. I just installed my p4p800 deluxe mobo with a 3 ghz. I tried overclocking it manually but whenever i change the FSB any higher than 200, i get an "checksum bios error" each time. Also if i leave my FSB at "standard", and change my perfomance mode to "turbo" i get the same error. However, if i use the AI overclocker, i have no problems at all. I believe my bios is version 1002 from what i can tell. Does anyone have any ideas? I even tried a mild overlock of 210 fsb and i got the error.

Thanks
justin

Set MAM to AUTO/PAM to AUTO......then set your ram timings manually. Set your vdimm at 2.75V and go from there.......Lock AGP/PCI at 66/33. Disable USB Legacy Support and Spread Spectrum. All the serial ports/parallel ports if you dont use them.

Once you have all this done you can start playing with voltages and start crankin the fsb...Dont use the auto clocks, that's one of the reason your getting the checksum bios error or either your ram is set to tight. Just make sure you clear cmos from the mobo's jumper each time you get that error. That's what killed my first P4C800-E DX board........

Keep us posted on your results.........

GL
Vflux

hey cool thanks for the reply. i'll definately give that a try. i notice that people are using like bios v1010 or something like that. but its for the normal p4p800 (not the deluxe). is it ok to use that bios? or do i have the latest one? i'll keep u posted later tonight.

nookie said:
hey cool thanks for the reply. i'll definately give that a try. i notice that people are using like bios v1010 or something like that. but its for the normal p4p800 (not the deluxe). is it ok to use that bios? or do i have the latest one? i'll keep u posted later tonight.

if your mobo is the dlx version, u have to use the deluxe version bios... and try using the latest one coz it has updates and better support for higher cpus like urs :)

Back