• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dragon Case Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Catalan

How do you guys mount your hard drives after removing both drive mounts to make room for a dual rad with this case? Please be specific as possible.

I dont know that specific case, but I imagine id go with 3.5 to 5.25 HD adapters and use two spare optical bays for HD storage.

Here is an example.

i put my radiator in the top of the case, cutting out a 2x120mm hole above the 5.52 bays, thus allowing me to keep my 3.5's and still have an internal rad, i just moved my cd drives down the the bottom 2 slots and took out the bay covers...much easier

exactly as Aphex_Tom_9 did.
if you do not want the case_top mounting then jackrunghs suggestion is the only thing i can think of

is it possible to mount a two fan radiator to the right of the motherboard? I think there is enough room between the front of the case and the motherboard and to fit the radiator itself if you have the fans sticking out by cutting the side panel and motherboard tray. I was actually planning on doing this and was working on the measurements.

i put my radiator in the top of the case, cutting out a 2x120mm hole above the 5.52 bays
make sure u measure it including the tanks with my longer psu i could not do this

i have fedco 2-342 in a dragon look alike mounted in the front with hds in the 5.25 inch lower drive bay and my other hd in my enermax fan controller. next time i take apart my pc i am going to take one of the drive cages and mount it right under psu next the reaar 80mm fan :thup:

dual 80 mount

Here is a dual 80 mounted in a chieftech case over the fan ports less fans
s80-4-4x4.jpg

is it possible to mount a two fan radiator to the right of the motherboard? I think there is enough room between the front of the case and the motherboard and to fit the radiator itself if you have the fans sticking out by cutting the side panel and motherboard tray. I was actually planning on doing this and was working on the measurements.

bump

has anyone else mounted it this way? I think I remember someone suggesting it a long time ago but I don't know if he went through with it.

Back