• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

875 chipset block for 2 loops?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magick_man

Forum Magician
i am kinda looking for a block to go on my dfi lanparty pro 875b but the problem is it doesnt have any holes for mounting only 2 hooks/loops :(
so does anyone know of blocks that are compatible with the 2 loop design?
thanks in advance.

~Magick_Man~

Danger Den makes one, as does Swiftech (99% sure about Swiftech). In all honesty though, you won't gain much out of water cooling the NB.

PolarFLO's TT chipset block uses just two of the loops. I haven't seen any reviews of that block yet though. Nikhsub1, I think the DD chipset block uses four of the loops and at the Swiftech website I couldn't find a chipset waterblock that uses Intel's loops, just mounting holes. Their air cooled chipset heatsink has the option to use the loops but there again, it has four hooks for each loop. I'm betting you can probably get away with using 2 of the 4 hooks though for each block/heatsink but someone would have to confirm that because I'm not positive.
Anyways the PolarFLO block is the only one I can think of at the moment that uses just two of the mounting loops.

swiftech mcw20-P has hardware to install on i865/875 chipset. The majority concensus says nb watercool is not necessary unless you oc with extremely high fsb. A 40mm fan is usually sufficient.

carefull when mounting a waterblock to the 875p chipset. i chipped the corner of the die one time while taking off the chipset block. also, dangerdens 875p mounting system is very risky. they didnt do a good job machining the notches that hold the clamps onto the loops, so sometimes the clamps may pop off.

yeah i saw the z-chipset from dd but i thought it used 4 hooks to install not 2?
and i know i wont really see a performance gain from this but in the case i am designing i will have 3 fans, 2 for hc and 1 in psu so i am not expecting any real amount of case airflow.

Back