• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 liter of water enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JPetrillo

Is one liter of water going to be enough for my system?

Its a small loop, CPU only, with a 5.25" tundra bay res.

Buy more water than you think you'll need. You may need to refill or you might have underestimated the amount you thought you would need.

The corrosion inhibiter should be mixed with it first. If you have a T-line system, a quart (liter, whatever :D) should be enough. A res system will take more.

gungeek said:
The corrosion inhibiter should be mixed with it first. If you have a T-line system, a quart (liter, whatever :D) should be enough. A res system will take more.
Thats exactly why I ask... I have no prob buying 15 gallons of water, but if my system is going to need more than 1 liter then I'm going need to buy another bottle of HydrX before I do this.

How big is your radiator? I used 1.8L with my dual bay res and 2x120mm heatercore and a couple extra feet of tubing. You might be able to get by with 1L, but if you have 1.2L when you're done it's no big deal. You don't have to buy another bottle of Hydrx. The ratio doesn't have to be that precise.

Okay, thanks :)

I just had no idea how much it was going to take.. I mean just a little over 1 liter, like you said 1.2liter, cant really make that big of a difference, but I would have wanted to buy more HydrX if it was going to be closer to two liters ;)

Probably not. You have significantly less water in your loop than I do. I've got a dual 5.25" bay res, big heatercore and superfluous tubing. I should probably minimize that though. Maybe improved flow rates might drop my temps 1C or so.

Okay, I got less tube, smaller tube, smaller rad, smaller res. I think I'll be right around 1 liter if yours took 1.9 liters, good to know, thanks man :D

Just bench test it. Use the distilled water to fill up your system first. Make sure that you fill your HC fully and remove any trapped air. Keep count of how much water is going in. After you are done, just remove all of the water and measure it again to cross check.

D

Back