• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What ram should I get???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JONTHEMON

Ok, ive sunk about $750 into my system sofar and am ready to buy some more ram ( I have 256 mb right now) My goal is to be able to play half life 2 and far cry at high resoultion with no chopieness. My question is; how much memory do I need and how fast does it need to be?

Any comments would be a help since I first started messing with computers just 5 months ago.

what is your fsb at ??? and do you plan to just add to that 256 or you looking to replace all ram ? personally i would plan to update to a gig of ram . but thats just me .. i already have 1 gb but its definetly not fast enough .. seems you have a good agp card to work with .. have you overclovked the card yet ?? a combination of things would be great to boost your system.. and i would also think about getting a higher ram speed than you are shooting for .. example if you want 400 fsb (pc3200) i would try for somethig higher .. you can always upgrade your cpu and even lower your timings if you run it at a lower speed than specified for it ... does your board support dual channel ??

Back