• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit AI7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i think so, i just got the mobo and its awesome, i havent oc yet but the way the board is set up and the software included with it is awesome! buy it, you'll definately be happy, it turned my machine completely around

I have an abit IS7 and I have that 2.8c and I have achieved 3.6 so I would suggest getting it is still can make 2.8c because that's not making the northwood CPUS (that is what I've heard)

I have a 2.4c in my AI7 and it runs @ 250 24/7 Folding, I can get more out of it, got 3.4 with a 5:4 but it runs perfect so I dont bother. The 2.4 will be getting moved to a water setup on a MAX3 in the future.

i have a 2.8E on my ai7 and i have it running at about 3.6ghz on air. Temps on the chip dont go past 45 and the temp on the pwm doesnt go past 40. Runs like a champ.

oachalon said:
i have a 2.8E on my ai7 and i have it running at about 3.6ghz on air. Temps on the chip dont go past 45 and the temp on the pwm doesnt go past 40. Runs like a champ.

What ram are you trying?

If you have BH-5 or BH-6 RAM the the 2.4c is a great choice runing 5:4.

PC4200 RAM is a great choice for 2.8c/3.0c running 1:1

The P4E I put in the AI7 just ran to hot for my taste, others I think have experience the same (at least Batboy has)

Running 2.4c@295 in my AI7 and just added a 6800GT... this system still rocks.

Sir Golitech said:
What would be a good OC'ing CPU to put on a AI7?

Hell, any one that overclocks good! Like a 2.40C that can break 300 fsb or a 3.0C that can hit 260 fsb or 3.9 gig, on air or water (phase change no fair).

While I've hit 300 fsb, many feel the AI7 is not up to it. If you can find a cherry 2.80C that can do 272-280 fsb (minimum of 3.82 gig), that is also sweet.

In my experience, it all depends on getting a Golden CPU. The board can handle anything. Unlike the MaxIII, at least it has working VDIMM to 3.16 (early boards) or 3.28 (later boards).

My AI7 with my 2.8c MO stepping can do 3.9ghz at 1.7v which is higher than i like but i can hit it.Its not totally stable that high but i can run through 3dmark03 with a best of 11034 with mt 6800nu at 355/801.So i would say this is a very good board.Im pleased with it..I wish i could find a cherry 2.4 or a 2.6 that like's 290 to 300 fsb.Im sure this board can do it.And i think my adata PC4000 will too with enough voltage.When i finally watercool this thing i will increase my my fsb to around 265 for day to day use .As for what cpu to put on it i would look for a good 2.6 or 2.4 .The 2.6's are good OCers but usally over looked.At the moment im running the board at 217 fsb with 1.575v for some extra stabiltiy and and its set at tubro on the gat setting.Just to see if its any faster or about the same when OCed higher.I dont think it to slower at these setting than 3.5 and ram at ddr500

Last edited:
Back