• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT AI7 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

honhon

Hey all, i just upgraded my intel comp with the Abit AI7 mobo, ram heatsinks, new case, and rounded ide cables, but my question is about the mobo... whats this guru stuff? and whats with abit eq saying i have 2 logical processors? i looked in the manuals and i cant figure it out?? and i have to say when i opened my mobo box i was thourghly impressed! this thing easily blows away my intel mobo, i thought the intel mobo would have better quality but this abit is the **** :clap: and my next 2 upgrades are gonna be the jet 4 cpu heatsink fan, and then a raptor harddrive ....mmmmmm.... oh and one thing i have noticed.... when i had my old intel mobo in my comp when i right mouse clicked on my computer and clicked properties to display properties, it would show 2.99 ghz, now with the new mobo it shows 3.06ghz, is this meaning that the mobo automatically oc my processor already? and one more thing..... i have the kingwin kt-424 case, it has 2 intake fans and one exhaust and i just added a pci slot fan, and i am thinking of adding another pci slot fan, because i got enough room between my agp card and slot and my sound card which is in the 3rd slot. without the 2nd pci slot fan is this enough cooling for my pc? or is the 2nd pci slot fan needed? and when i do overclock i am only going to overclock alittle, maybe to 3.2 because thats what my aftermarket techie toys heatsinks is rated to handle at most... thanks all in advance for all the help. :sn:

GURU is OC utility, you can OC in Windows, never tried it myself.

it shows 3.06ghz because for some reason, defualt FSB on AI7 is 204 , not 200
I dont know why.

Those slot fans don't really move much air. If you already have one, then put it next to your vid card since that creats a little heat. The power supply has an exhaust fan too, so as long as temps are ok, you should be fine.

Programs will indicate 2 logical processors due to Hyperthreading. That's normal.

You can probably O/C to 3.2 gig even with the stock cooler. After all, that same cooler is used on 3.2C processors too. If you want a better one for overclocking, then check out the Thermalright XP-90. Another one that is fairly quiet and does a good job for the price is the Zalman 7000A.

ok, thanks again batboy. lol. i will probably get another slot fan and put it right below my vid card, they are only 9.00$ and the one i got says it can move 35cfm at 26 dba, the antec one i saw only does if i remember right it only does about around 20cfm, when i put that slot fan on it, i figured i would hear alot of difference but i didnt hear a difference at all, so i might get another slot fan just because i have the room for a slot fan and no other exhaust fan and i want to keep the air moving quickly from front to back in my case, and i also have an idea to drill out holse in the side window to create a type of pattern, but i dont have any ideas.... i thought maybe a bunch of dots that says intel in cursive.... but ill figure it out, and with my new job next week ill be able to afford alot more for my computer!

Look at my sig.We have very similar taste's.I dont use the ugru as i find it to fussy.Setting off alarms Evry time i OC and stuff.Bat boy is right about the FSB being 204 at default and 2 cpu thats the hyper threading.You have very good taste in PC parts..lol what turbo kit you running on the truck.Or do you have propane injection?

Trust me, those slot fans don't even flow 1/4 of what they claim. I've seen independent tests of those ratings. They all must be smoking wacky weed when they made the specs. I'm assuming the fan used it rated for that CFM, but after it goes into the slot housing and the air has to turn 90 degrees, it apparently loses a lot of air flow. Still, they are not bad to sit next to the vid card to exhaust the hot air from there.

ok, ill keep that in mind batboy, meanwhile i have been looking for a new exhaust fan that blows alot more cfm. and the truck is stock except it has a K&N filter, but in the future plans are to have a chip, 4'' banks exhaust, and assorted gaugues.
and as for tastes i did notice we have similar tastes, i dont like flashy things at all, in the kingwin case the bottom floor is alittle too flashy, but it reflects the inner lights well so its good to be shiny for that but otherwise its all clean.... and i still cant think of an idea for my side window vents...........

I didnt realize they made so much HP .I knew they had Crap loads of Torque but not HP.Thats why i thought you had a turbo or a propane injection kit on it.Banks makes really good exhaust kits for trucks so that a good choice.Flashy i dont like that either but what i like about my case is it aint all flashy but it looks really good.

Back