• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SY-P4I865PE getting too hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PDL

Has anyone else had problems with this board overheating the cpu?
Mine did it and a friend got the same board and his is doing the same thing. He tried different cpus and it is doing it on all of them. The temp goes over 50c even to 60c and it restarts itself. HSF is seating correctly and we both use thermal grease.
Mine was restarting for a while and then just quit. I'm having someone check the cpu to see if it is OK. I suspect the mobo has died but I won't know for sure till I see if the cpu is still good. I swapped out everything else, even another case and even tried it with the board out of the case and off of the metal tray. :(

My mobo is dead, the CPU may still be OK but it also may be damaged. He said it ran fine until he started a game and it then seemed to get too hot and restarted the system. There could be other reasons that it restarted so I am not entirely sure at this point.
I am returning the mobo and ordered an Asus P4P800SE. I'll know in about a week if the cpu is going to have to be returned under warranty.

STAY AWAY FROM SOYO MOBOs!!

I don't know what caused your problem but I have been running my system on a similar Soyo board for over a year now without any issues. I did notice that the board was hot and so was my P4 however that was resolved with Artic silver and and aftermarket heat sink and fans. initially I also did not have the HS on tight enough i think which caused the initial heating problems. As far as the board, it has been rock solod for me since I have owned it.

Back