• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sapphire liquid...WOW.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Chemical Info

The boiling point for this liquid is at 49 C. With a good loop its concievable that youd never reach 49.... but thats too close for comfort.

Mark a big X on this "miracle cooling solution."

???? i thought it said it had al lthe properties of water except the wet part so shouldnt it boil at 100? sry i just heard about this...yes the news is dated april lol.

anyone know where u can actually buy it or how to make it. just wondering...im not gonna build a summerged comp. just curious and maybe will buy or make a lil to have fun with it. just want to have to experience of seeing sumtin that cool lol

anyone know the temp that causes it to thicken up and freeze?
drop a phase change evap in that green goop and hit -40C on the entire board...including the memory, mosfets, chipset, v-reg, CPU, GPU, etc. etc.
:D

If you read from the First Aid Procedures section of the documents on that liquid, I don't think I would let the stuff anywhere near me. Anything that requires that much water to wash off after exposure is a no way! I don't care if they say it is safe. If handling instructions say: "PROCEDURES: WEAR PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (SEE SECTION VIII). CLEAN UP WITH ABSORBENT MATERIAL", and "CLOTHING/PROTECTIVE GLOVES: WEAR NEOPRENE OR OTHER CHEMICAL RESISTANT GLOVES." , Then you definately do not want it on you!.
One of the Components of this Sapphire Liquid is ALCOHOL ETHOXYLATE
for the most part is not a real big deal but in large enough volume, such as sapphire liquid you get this In other words they do not know what it will do yet.
-Edit-: forgot to include the other component of Sapphire: DIETHANOLAMINE This stuff is kinda on the scary side too....

Last edited:
Two different products linked here: Epic Industries' sapphire cleaning fluid is not the same the as the Tyco's sapphire fire suppresion system's fluid.

Back