• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800 Deluxe Eight Beeps on Starup Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FlyingNun83

Registered
hey guys...you've helped me before and now i need your help on another computer...this time for my roommate...she's got a p4c800 deluxe mobo using a sapphire radeon 9600xt video card...pretty sure i put everything as it should be...but on bootup it beeps eight times...i know in the manual it says that means a display memory error...but what exactly is that? what kind of problems should i check for? any help would be great...thanks again

maybe the video card is not fully compatible with the mobo... try updating ur bios and try changing the video card... keep us posted :)

maybe the video card is not fully compatible with the mobo... try updating ur bios and try changing the video card... keep us posted :)

Did you have to click reply 3 times in a row ciku :D What's the rush for lol.

The PS2 connection the mouse is green and purple is the keyboard.

Check if the IDE connections are setup properly on the motherboard and check the jumper switches.

You should also check the BIOS and drive jumper settings, IDE and boot sequence.

If you have the latest BIOS installed that is 1 less thing to worry about. Oh ya, I hope you don't have the video power connection wrong.

We need more info

Back