• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First OC To ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

i havent had time to try and mess with my fsb have just benn using 200 as it is easy . so i tonight i said y not right now I have it @ 7x221 1.5 vcore 2.7vram will up date later
(good bad ? )

it went to 229 with 11-3-3-2 vram 2.9v

Last edited:
||Console|| said:
Need some help suguested ram timings ?

which ram do you have(the exact IC's would be nice, like the numbers off the chips on the PCB :thup: ) and what bios are you using?

i have no idea wut the ram is but i will take it out right now and get the info =)
brb =)

OK it is pc3200 1 stick
on the ic it says

Infineon
hyb25d256800bt-5
c2
svv52145

Last edited:
||Console|| said:
i have no idea wut the ram is but i will take it out right now and get the info =)
brb =)

OK it is pc3200 1 stick
on the ic it says

Infineon
hyb25d256800bt-5
c2
svv52145

its Infineon bt-5, i just happen to have a stick :)

i would try

2.5-3-3-11 and see how high this lest you go

then try 3-4-4-11, this is pretty loose, and really is gonna have to give you alot more OC to make up for the bandwidth loss

the most i could ever get was 225mhz at 2.5-3-3-11, just it seems that these I-bt-5's really vary one to another, i have seen some w/ really good resuts out of them.

also i would suggest using in slot 3(fartherst from the CPU)
-Jess-

LOL
funny that u say that
i have it @ 2.5-3-3-11, and i can only get 225 heh
the slot makes a diff ? it is in the fartheset 1 right now

||Console|| said:
LOL
funny that u say that
i have it @ 2.5-3-3-11, and i can only get 225 heh

LOL

what bios u using? and are you using a mobile?, L12 modded?, whats Vdimm, and Vdd?

lol thats alot of Q's

-Jess-

EDIT: yeah the slot can make alot of difference, and i ment to say slot 3(fartherest from the CPU...woops) i have been on my DFI NF3 for too long....

2400+ mobile
stock bios
2.9 i dont know wich one that is and dont know wher ethe other is
and no L12 mod
maybe tonight if u think it will help =)

||Console|| said:
i think its @ 1.7 that sound right ?
oh and i dont have a A drive

if you wish to flash, you could always use winflash, but its your choice, some arenot comfortable w/ it. i have not used a floppy to flash in like 6 months...lol

yeah 1.7v would be right for Vdd :cool:

Im fine wiht flashing , but i dont know if i can expect ne moer by doing it

Does the l12 mod even do ne thing ?
last night i was hiting almost 2.8 it was liek 2767 or somthing liek that
my temps re fine even with 2.15 v load wont go over 45
heh oc ram last night finialy broke 20k in 3dmark01

i see you really like that ram and seems to profrm do u recomend it over say ocz 3700eb ?

im trying to upload a screen shot it says it cant be biger than 640X 640
how do i fix this ?

||Console|| said:
Im fine wiht flashing , but i dont know if i can expect ne moer by doing it

Does the l12 mod even do ne thing ?
last night i was hiting almost 2.8 it was liek 2767 or somthing liek that
my temps re fine even with 2.15 v load wont go over 45
heh oc ram last night finialy broke 20k in 3dmark01

i see you really like that ram and seems to profrm do u recomend it over say ocz 3700eb ?

yes the L12 can really help, but it wont do anything, if the ram is already at its wall :cry: . it only allows for more FSB, but not more CPU clock. it basicly changes the romstrip(think on this as chipset timings). w/ 133fsb default theyu are set tight, to make up for the low FSB, but if default if 166 or 200 then the romstrip will loosen up, allowing for more over clock

what ram is that?, my mushkin 222?...lol

||Console|| said:
im trying to upload a screen shot it says it cant be biger than 640X 3 somthing ?
how do i fix this ?

is it of cpuz? if so just open cpuz again, make sure the cpuz window in highlighed, then press ALT+Printscreen

this will only capture the cpuz window, past into paint, save as, then upload here

if you want an whole desktop shot, you can srink it in paint, under "image" then "strech/skew" you will want to change the horizontal to the same as the vertical(possibly in the 60%-75% range, depending on the size on the original pic

||Console|| said:
yes i havennt read ne reviews on ur ram do u liek it ?
Im prob gonna buy new ram in a week or so looking for some good ram

well its great ram, but there are two problems,

1. its BH-6(similar to bh-5, usually needs more voltage) ic's which have been discontinued, so its really hard to get.

2. it needs alot of voltage(i usually run 3.4-3.8vdimm) :eek: :eek: .

not all of it clocks well, i have i have 6 sticks( i think..lol) and only 3 of them are really good, they will do 255-260 stable, 2 more will do 247-252 stable, and one will only do 225-230 stable :(

the reason it performs good is because of its 2-2-2-x timings, even at 260mhz. but really due to the high vdimm, and its lack of avalibility, i would have to suggest something else :eh?:

heh im thinking back to 6 months ago , i wish i was into over clocking . i was in school , one class was a high reliability soludering class we had nice gear i should have done vmods to every thing =(
have u used ne of the ocz 3700eb ?

||Console|| said:
yes i havennt read ne reviews on ur ram do u liek it ?
Im prob gonna buy new ram in a week or so looking for some good ram

pic http://www.ocforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34224

pic no work.

when you post, look about 2 inches below the "submit reply" button, you will see a "manage attachments" button, click it, then upload it there. then close the window when its done uploading, and submit you reply, it should show up automaticly :D

Back