• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New DFI - is this the first of many to come?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Reefa_Madness said:
The new DFI board. For the slow movers/migrators among us (like me). These type of boards have the potential to be big sellers, in my opinion. We keep our ram and Radeons, but get to use newer procs.

http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=23057

Hi Reefa. I am really interested in this board myself. I happen to know someone testing the board as we speak and am trying to get more info on it. I am not really interested in DDR2 or PCI-e yet as both or to much $$ and really no benifit. I am interested in the new prescotts though and I know the locks work on 875 mobos :) This may actually be one of the better choices out there IMHO. I guess time will tell.

From a member on here I now have some interest in this board as well. Looks pretty awesome. I could care less about the new chipset or PCI-E at the moment but having the new LGA775 is a huge plus going forward. Take a look at this LINK it will be interesting how the memory issue works out. But from the pics he took it appears voltage fluc. woln't be a problem.

It defiantly tweaked my interest and has me thinking about selling the Max3 I just picked up. I just want to see if the memory issue with OC can be resolved. Starting with a 3.4E and OC'ing from there would be nice.

Hi Jeff I am also waiting for tony to finalize the review :beer: My interest is definaely peaking. If they don't hurry I may just egt one and give it a test spin for myself. I think 4.G is very possible with that board and maybe higher
with good cooling

Ping malinois1 - I just signed up over at the DFI-Street forum. It's been 30 mins and I still haven't received that email that let's you finish the registration. Did it take you that long to get yours when you signed up?

OK Consider me totally wacked out! I just ordered this mobo from the egg. Also orderd a case. Need to find a proc. Have everything else I need. Let's get this show on the road and see what this puppy can do.

I've got my finger crossed. It just seems to me that those 915/925 chipsets go unstable because of the lack of a good PCI lock. If the 875-T has an adequate lock, we'll get a better idea of what those LGA775 procs can do. It's going to be interesting.

BigStan said:
I've got my finger crossed. It just seems to me that those 915/925 chipsets go unstable because of the lack of a good PCI lock. If the 875-T has an adequate lock, we'll get a better idea of what those LGA775 procs can do. It's going to be interesting.

I'm right behind you man. Got the Max3 up running for the lady tonight at 3.3Ghz. Good enough for her anyway ;) Now on to the real mans setup. Hopefully ordering my setup in the next week or so. Now if Moutain Mods and Cather can produce to equal the supply vs. demand I'll be running shortly.
:)

Jeff

BigStan said:
JeffP

I take it you got your booting pbs figured out on that Max3.

Did you see this?http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=334519

Yep you can see the resolution in the other thread.

Wow! Talk about coming out of the gate hard. That board has been out a total of 2 weeks and already grabbing top benchmarks in 3dmark03!?!?!

I have heard there may be a problem getting the Storm block to fit this board due to height of the caps. Hopefully it's nothing that can't be worked around.

Keep us updated as you get yours up and running.

I got my case today. Mobo is due in tomorrow. The proc, a 3.4, is due in Wed. Hope to put it together Wed evening. With some luck I'll be playing around with it Thurs evening. DFI just released a beta BIOS that is supposed to unlock the multiplier of the proc. Just like Asus & Abit are doing. Prolly won't have a chance to test that part out 'til the weekend.

That is cool about the beta bios ;) I changed my mind though I hope this board doesn't do well :p Cause then I will really want one. I can see this board is gonna make me spend some money. LOL What CPU did you order with it BigStan?

I ordered the LGA 550~3.4. I tried to buy one on ebay. But they kept bidding them up to like $260 + $12./shipping. Got a new one from zzf, free shipping, $277. Only $5.00 more then they were selling for in eaby. This configuration, LGA775/Intel875 just seems like a real good idea. I hope I don't get disappointed.

Back