• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IS7-E help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dansonang

I am using an abit IS7-E. what is the fan speen connection for system fan for? what is a system fan. I connect the fan speed connection from my Antec power supply to the system fan connector. As a result I am been getting beeps because the fan spin rate is always below the threshold value.

how to connect additional USB ports to the motherboard. I have got addtional USB ports in the front panel and they are 9 mini pins with different names GND1, GND2, data+1 ,data-1 ,data+2, data-2, VCC1, VCC2, shield.
these names don't match the desciption I see in the motherboard manual, i dunnoe how to plug them

thirdly, in my bios i see USB 1.1 ports during startup?! I thought this motherboard supports up to 8 USB 2.0 ports?

help greatly appreciated

You should be able to go into the bios (PC Health Status?), and disable the warning for the system fan, or at least raise the minimm value, so it won't beep.

I'm not sure how to connect the USB port, it should say in the manual? The board does support usb 2.0. Abit doesn't include the drivers. To get it to run you need to update windows to at least Sp1 to get the USB 2.0 drivers.

The system fan could be your psu fan, or more popular a fan inside the case (intake or exhaust). You could set the alarm (rpm) values or turn it off in bios.

The USB pins from your case do match those on the motherboard.
1-vcc (vcc1)
2-vcc (vcc2)
3-data0-
4-data0+
5-data0+
6-data1+
7-ground (gnd1)
8-ground (gnd2)
9-not connected (shield)
10-not connected

The motherboard supports both usb 1.1 - 2.0 ports so you'll see both kind of USBs at startup.
And yes you need to install at least SP1 to have usb2.0 working.

PS: you should read the manual more carefully cause it's all there.

Back