• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can non ecc run in ecc board ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

was wondering if a board that says can support up to 3gb of registered ecc can run the cheap non ecc stuff ?? and if anyone knows of xeon and boar dinfo please PM me ..

Why would you want a PM, an answer here could help other people too! :eh?:

AFAIK, the answer is yes, pending specific statements in the mobo manual - sometimes only certain slots can be used for certain types of RAM. You won't want to mix registered and unregistered however.

the pm was kind of off topic for this post ... ive gotten ragged out for going off topic ... sorry just trying to stay withing the "rules".didnt want anyone jumping down my throat ...

I see what you mean. I haven't ever seen you get ragged out in any threads you've posted in... But you don't have to worry about getting attacked around here, unless you are being a serious idiot or a troll. (We actually don't attack trolls even, we just shoot them on the spot.)

Back