• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New P4C800E-Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NovaShine

Well, i grabbed an Asus P4C800E-Deluxe after that Maze 4 cracked my NB. This P4C800E-Deluxe was supposibly one of the last versions of it around. They said Asus stopped producing them and it was one of the last 10 - 20 mobos in my area.

Anyway, i opened it up and compared it to my old P4C800E-Deluxe. I noticed that i have 3 more MOSFETs. There's one extra mosfet on the top of the CPU, the left of the CPU and the right of the CPU.

Both boards are marked as Revision 2.00 boards.

On the old board, there's a space for the mosfet in those same locations but no mosfet has been installed.

Anyone know what's point of these mosfets anyway? Something to do with Prescotts?

Im using a 2.4C so what will these extra mosfets do for me?

They lowered FSB for me :(. My old P4C800e-D Rev. 2.0 w/sticker used to do 290 FSB and later degraded to 286 FSB but died (long story). I just recently got a new Rev 2.0 printed on board with the extra 3 mosfets and my best FSB with all vmods and watercooling is 280 FSB. Needless to say I'm not very happy with it.

But maybe it's just this board. Good luck! :thup:

You mentioned you got another dead P4C800-E DX board eh!!!...You can dual cap mod the board to handle more power. Especially for Prescott, which im later getting for an upgrade.....I'll get you guys a pic when i hot glue them permanently to secure the soldering joints. Very simple mods and rule, It's still been 2 days of testing and i got my droop mod at a slightly higher resistance coz i dont need it that much atm...heheheh......... :D

All I can is that where 3 mosfet away from getting almost if not the board that tom's hardware used for the 5Ghz project....... :clap:

Cap Mod Guide Teaser.....

Vflux

Last edited:
Vflux said:
You mentioned you got another dead P4C800-E DX board eh!!!...You can dual cap mod the board to handle more power. Especially for Prescott, which im later getting for an upgrade.....I'll get you guys a pic when i hot glue them permanently to secure the soldering joints. Very simple mods and rule, It's still been 2 days of testing and i got my droop mod at a slightly higher resistance coz i dont need it that much atm...heheheh......... :D

All I can is that where 3 mosfet away from getting almost if not the board that tom's hardware used for the 5Ghz project....... :clap:

Cap Mod Guide Teaser.....

Vflux

We'll be waiting for more info.... :D

Redken, Tell me what this extra caps doing in my board....hehehehehh.... :D :D :attn:

BTW, This New P4C800-E DX Rev2 board i have has the 3mosfets intact while the old didnt have just what novashine mentioned earlier. The Dead P4C800-E DX Rev2 board i had will serve well for my spare parts......3x more mosfet at the back of the mobo....after all this mod we got ourselves a steady power.

Teaser for you dudes who wants to push things to its max......
Capmod3.JPG

I'll try to make a guide for this simple mod after im done testing....It's hard to tell the difference if you're trying to clock a lemon...Hopefully the 3.2E presscot that im getting will show it's true potential....my droop mod at 35K Ohm atm....No need for too much heat.....

Regards,
Vflux

Last edited:
redken said:
Any updates :)?
I'll be getting my 3.2E soon.... :santa2:

Redken, So far so good bro.....BTW just checked the Droop mod sticky. I always update the situation with pics. I just finished adding 4 more coils/choke to the board paralleled to the already onboard. Thought i messed up my mod. But the CPU wasnt getting proper contact with the HS. Forgot to take a couple of pics while i did my last checkup on the coils. I'll keep you updated bout the fets.......

Vflux

Back