• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memtest86 ver 3.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ne0-reloaded

Registered
im trying to see how stable my ram so im using memtest86. ive never used it before so i just wanna make sure im using it right. once u get the files on the floppy, u boot off of it and make it run right? i let it run over night and out of 22 tests i had errors in 13 of em (or something like that). when ur ram is running the way is stable, ur not supposed to get any errors, right? also, my vdimm is at 2.6v, will going up to 2.8v be too much (my mobo maxes out at 2.9v, and im on air w/ no ramsinnks)?

thanks

the ram im using is 2X512 PC3200 Corsair Value Select

if your ram is stable then it shouldnt error no. you could try increasing your vdimm by 0.1v and see if it errors less/not at all. i doubt 2.8v will bust your ram either so try going to that if 0.1v extra dosnt change things.

trying to get through memtest without errors could involve increasing or decreasing voltages in vcore, vdd, or vdimm if overclocking.... if you can't get through memtest running at stock speeds then you probably have some bad ram.

ok thanks for the info. i had the memory at 220x8 and it ran for a couple hours without errors. i woke up the next morning and there was a bunch. the weird part was i dropped the fsb to 200 and i had 14 tests and 14 errors in like 15 minutes. i didnt change anything but the fsb. ima try again later on 2nite at 200 again and up the vdimm to 2.7 and see if it helps.

thanks again for the help

Back