• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions for MemTest when testing diff mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jouyang

I brought a used corsair pc4000 (2x256) a month ago and I never did any test on it. Last night, I was using it on my 3.2E. It pass the MemTest for 8hrs running at default speed(200:200, 1:1). Since the memory is rated at 250mhz, it there a way to test it at 250mhz.

I oc'd my 3.2E to 225fsb and set the mem at 400 which is 1:1 for Asus MB. It passed 13 times and I stopped it. I increased the fsb to 240 and I got tons of errors. Does this mean I got bad chips since it didn't pass 240?

When you increase the fsb, do you need to increase the vcore. I don't think I can boot 3.2E at 240fsb.

Here's my setup:
P4P800
7000A CU
Silenx 400W PSU
9800PRO->XT
Corsair pc4000 2x256

btw, the USB Legacy was disabled.

thanks,
~joy

Unless you can eliminate your CPU by lowering your mutiplier, you will probably need to increase vcore. Don't forget vdimm and chipset voltages also. You may need to look at your timings, for a jump like that.

ToastedToad said:
Unless you can eliminate your CPU by lowering your mutiplier, you will probably need to increase vcore. Don't forget vdimm and chipset voltages also. You may need to look at your timings, for a jump like that.

So basically, I will need to up vcore and vdimm when I test the memory at a certain fsb. right?

thanks,
~joy

jouyang said:
So basically, I will need to up vcore and vdimm when I test the memory at a certain fsb. right?

thanks,
~joy

Indeed..... you'll have to overclock your system to test the memory at it's rated speed.

Back