• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official reply from Silverprop on FusionHL compatibility with 6800 blocks.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

secretweapon

Official reply from Silverprop on FusionHL compatibility with 6800 cards.

Well I sent them a email about fitting the FusionHL on a 6800 card got my reply within 12 hours.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cyclone Fusion HL is compatible with the 6800GT when you use the
optional GF4/FX/6800 clip kit.

One clip kit mounts two holes. If you want to mount all 4 holes, then you
will need two clip kits.

Cheers,
Jeremy Poon
BSc (Hons) BCom Melb

Level 1, 55 Commercial Road
South Yarra, VIC 3141
AUSTRALIA4*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
hmm...i dunno why they dont just ship it with two clip kits, but this looks promising nonetheless. Now where could I buy JUST a clip kit...

the cost of a silverprop hl and 2 clip kits is ~$96. Close to the $97 that directron is selling the DD 6800 waterblock. But i guess the silverprop wont bend the agp slot since it's a little lighter. ;)

where'd $96 come from? the silverprop site says:
Cyclone Fusion HL with GF4/FX clip
MSRP AUD$90.00 | USD$62.50

edit: note all prices on their online shop are in AUD, not USD

crimedog said:
where'd $96 come from? the silverprop site says:
Cyclone Fusion HL with GF4/FX clip
MSRP AUD$90.00 | USD$62.50

edit: note all prices on their online shop are in AUD, not USD

OOPS!, I also saw this

'Total inc GST($)'

What does that mean?

Well I have a 9800P so does that mean it does, sorry I'm new to WC. Trying to plan out what parts to order throroughly so I don't make any bad purchases.

bwanaaa said:
OOPS!, I also saw this

'Total inc GST($)'

What does that mean?

GST= goods and sales tax (10%)

I think for international purchaces it does not apply, so you can deduct 1/11th of the total from the AU$ cost. Might want to email silverprop first though to confirm.

I dont see how with two kits that you can mount the block using the 4 holes around the 6800 gpu. If you look at Silverprops website and pics of the Fusion HL block and its clips I can see how you can mount one set of clips but there would need to be a completely different set of clips made to attach to the block unless the block has been redesigned and now has holes that allow the use of two clip sets. Anyone know what the real deal is here?

Catalan said:
Well I have a 9800P so does that mean it does, sorry I'm new to WC. Trying to plan out what parts to order throroughly so I don't make any bad purchases.

Sure does. It does a nice job on my 9800p.

Back