• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston HyperX 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-4000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

red_dragon

Alrighty, so I have Corsair Value select 2x512mb right now. My friend is willing to trade his Hyperx pc4000 kingston for my ram + some $$. Now, judging from my system, do you think it's worth it, and how much? I'm not sure right now whether it's my memory holding me @ 210 or my cpu or board...Thanks for advice.

Don't know about how much higher an FSB you could get, but you might get tighter memory timings.

I can tell you right from the start that I don't much care for the A7N8X lines of mb. I have one and it did quite a job of holding me back... switched the same components to an NF7 and got an additional 100+MHz on the cpu just by changing the mb..... also I can go much much higher on the fsb. I'd bet it's the mb.

yea that's what I'm leaning towards too. Probably not worth it. Anyone out there that DOES think it's worth it? heh

yep, I just did, damned impulsive. I dunno how many people can withstand having these things waved in their face and $60 in their pocket...Bleh, I'm switching to the NF7 to get the most out of these things. Goodbye Asus...

Back