• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check this out.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d]g[ts

I've had this ram for a while now, and it's been very good to me. OC'ing to 270FSB @ 2.5-4-4-7 timmings in my intel boards. However when I placed it into one of the various A64 rig's I've been through I have had no luck with it. In a K8n neo2 from MSI, or abit a8v there would be no posting with dual channel, and single channel mode on a K8N pro from gigabyte would not go past 220HTT. Also the ram would post with odd amounts like 325megs of ram. WTF? So back to the intel systems it went.

Now with the new version of CPU-Z out (1.24) it has that nifty new SPD tab, and i decided to check it out. SO below is what I see.

This now explains a lot. and after a few hour of testing, and swithing memory around I find the the sceenie is actualy correct. seeing that if I boot an A64 with the 1 module it post at 65megs, and the other posts at 256megs. And after all this time hating bt-d43 chips on the A64 platform I find out the ram is bad. :-/ Now i just hafta play the kingston lottery to see what chips I get back from RMA. Would like to try a nice shinny new set of bt-d43's, but will prollly end up with mossels or somthing that barely does 200 FSB. Wish me luck on the ram and check out the screenie of what is being RMA'ed (yes it is a dual channel kit)
attachment.php

Back