• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Less Memory Higher Overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

I hear that if you had 1 512Mb stick you can get higher overclocks than 2 512 sticks? Dosn't more sticks of ram strain your memory bus? Does ram really help the perfomance in gaming? Thanks!

i've noticed a nice performance improvement from using 1 gig over 512mb..... I'll always use the gig.... for me more memory is better.

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've seen, the lesser the memory, the higher the bench scores. The more memory you have, the better it is for real world performance, like games and such since newer games are really demanding now.

hm-dont think,that more memory will lower your benchmark scores...cpc off will(needed for really high fsb on 512mb sticks)

The lesser the memory, the lesser the IC count. The lesser the Ic count, the lesser the chance of getting a not so overclocking friendly IC.

Back