• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trade Corsair Value For Hyperx!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

red_dragon

sorry I'm posting another thread about this, but I really need input fast, cuz this deal's going down within the hour. So again, my friend (roommate) wants me to trade my Corsair Value Select 2x512 + $60 for his Kingston HyperX PC4000 1GB set. Go or no go. Fast responses needed. Thanks so much.

Edit: if I go with this, I'm gonna trade my board for the nf7-s

For use with an XP cpu I wouldn't trade. If you want something better than your Corsair go with some low latency ram.
Personally, I'd save the money for a future A64 purchase.
Edit: I just saw your other thread not far below this one. One thread is enough. :)

what you sould be asking is. Why would he want to trade??? sumin dont seem right.

but thats just me :beer:

hehe, too late, I went with it. He's trading because he has another friend who really wants my ram and will trade him some BH-5 (he want's my ram because he already has 1gb of my ram and wants to make it 4 matching sticks for his server). So my roommate is getting the ram from me + $60 and he's gonna get some BH-5 mushkin by trading my ram and paying around $100-150 depending on how the negotiations go. I'm definitely going with a NF7-S now cuz I have nice ram. Hopefully I can breathe some life into my currently crippled XP-M (I'm stuck @ 220FSB even with this nice ram).

omg. who the hell would trade mushkin bh5 for corsair value =| even with $100. geeeez well. you probably got a decent deal anyway. those pc 4000 will probably run better timings below 250 but its not a garantee. that will at least give you some oc headroom ^^

the guy already had 2x512 of corsair value in his server and he wanted two more to make 2gb matching. That's why. The trade ended @ $115. That BH-5 is some sweet ****. And so is my hyperX :)

Back