• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for new water pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meionm

Any recommendation on water pump, I am looking for something quiet, right now I have L20 which pushes 185gph but this isn't enough

I love my mcp600, it may seem more expensive but considering that it plugs right into the PSU, you save money on a starter kit. Also its very small and has very good head.

You would do well to get the Laing D4. Quieter than the swiftech but still a good head and flow. Alternatively if you can handle modding it and fixing its inherent errors, the Mag 3 would do well.

IMO upgrading form the L20 to the L30 or 35 would be paying a lot more for not a generous amount of increased pumping.

Yes, and some don't consider them to be that quiet. Hell, I think my MCP600 is a shrieking banshee compared to my old Eheim 1048.

I found my Mag3 to be super quiet after sticking some foam padding under it
and you cant go wrong at 10.5 feet of head

I'm pleased with my Mag3 except for the fact it's too powerful for my 3/8" Tygon tubing. It's too soft and collapses under the suction and is causing cavitation. I have to buy some 1/8" walled Clearflex now and make a reservoir for on the inlet of the pump to improve flow. I had no idea the Mag3 would be too powerful for 3/8" ID.

Back