• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to check whether my RAMchip is BH-5 or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not really, but if it breaks 210 or so with low volts and 2-2-2 timings, it probably is. 220, and there's basically nothing else it could be.

Gautam said:
Not really, but if it breaks 210 or so with low volts and 2-2-2 timings, it probably is. 220, and there's basically nothing else it could be.

I never had any BH-5, but I thought u can tell by looking at the ram chips? :(

ciku said:
I never had any BH-5, but I thought u can tell by looking at the ram chips? :(

you can, although guantams method would work fine to, it could be bh5 or bh6 under thoughs conditions tho.

if its bh5 the top of the ram ic will look simiar to this

W-BH5226.jpg

some of the numbers may be different, but it will still have winbond, and the last the digits will be BH-5.

also if this is Kinston Value Ram, there are Various remaked IC that come on them that could be bh-5..

Stupid Newbie question : What is BH5?[/b] - Meaning what does that mean and what advantage is there to having it?

BH-5
I think it is the best available DDR memory chip made by winbond
and a few RAM are using it
but some hv been replaced by suckier ones

ohh
btw is there any difference between those hyperx/corsair and corsair/kingston values? (when they both r using BH-5)

dicecca112 said:
that list isn't exactly accurate anymore. I don't think the HyperX 3200 comes with Winbond chips anymore

The product code of the KHX that does not have bh-5 is the one with the "A" in the product code. When people talk about the KHX PC3200 non A, they are referring to the bh-5 based ram. The newer stuff with the A uses Winbond ch-5 chips and the stuff with the "U" in the code uses the new Samsung TCCD chips.

That list, by the way, is maybe not up-to-date as of yesterday, but it is still very valid for most discussions.

Here is a pretty good guide on Winbond ram for those that want some basic info on these chips (bh-5, bh-6, ch-5).

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=94471

Back